Saturday, July 23, 2011

Primers and Bases




                                
I decided to do an entry today on the benefits on using an eye shadow base or primer. Well, for starters it helps your eye shadow not crease and helps with the longevity of your eye color. There are many different types of primers out there and what you choose to use is totally up to you. What I use is UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion). I love this stuff! IMO, it works really great at preventing my shadow from creasing. I’ve gone as long as 18 hours with my shadow applied on top of this and my colors were still popping. I’ve also used my concealor as a primer. I usually do this when I’m being lazy and I don’t feel like searching for my UDPP. Either option works great.




                                 
Why use an eye shadow base? Well, just like a primer it will help keep your shadow on longer and it can also help bring out the color in the shadows that you are using. The bases that I like to use are NYX Jumbo Pencils. They come in a variety of different colors. You would apply these just as you do your primer, but you do not want to apply a lot because these will crease. I normally use Jumbo pencils when I am using bright eye shadow colors like yellows,pinks,and greens. By applying either the same color base or a white base this will help bring out the color more. 



L: No base R: NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (base)
                        
                   
In the pic above I applied a green shadow from my 88 palette to my hand. On the left is with out the base. You can still see the color, but look how much more pigmented the green is on the right when applied on top of a white eye shadow base.

Hope this info was helpful ladies ^_^

Pink Kisses! Muah!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment