Monday, July 18, 2011

Healthy Hair Care


This is a very important topic for me. I <3 my hair!!! I have been through it all! Long hair, short hair, colored hair, natural hair, permed hair, texlaxed  hair, and even over processed hair that left me BALD!  Try saying that three times fast. Blah. But seriously, healthy hair is a must for me. Right now, I am in transitioning phase. I have gone from regularly perming my hair every 2-3 months to texlaxing my hair. What is texlaxing you ask? It is when you apply the perm only to the roots of your hair and you leave it on no longer than 5 minutes. This process just straightens the roots out. This process is really effective for me at the moment. I am currently stretching out the length of time that I texlax my hair. Currently at the moment it has been 9 months since the last time I’ve done it. I’m going to be honest, it’s a frustrating process but it’s a choice that I made and I love the results that I have so far. Now this brings me to my blog entry. How do I maintain my hair during this process? I will explain it to you. So ladies sit back and enjoy the read.

 Now let’s get down to the products that I use and that are currently my favorite.

Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer:  I use this product daily to moisturize my hair daily. It smells really great and does not have a heavy scent. This product is great at preventing split ends and protecting your hair when you are applying heat to your hair. 

Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream:  I use this product after I wash my hair as a leave in conditioner. The great thing about this product is that it's light weight and it does not weigh your hair down. Sometimes I apply a plastic cap over my head and sleep with it just to allow it to penetrate it more. I really love the way this smells. This does not weigh my hair down either.
Olive Oil: I use this product to seal my ends after I moisturize my hair. It has a very light scent as well and it is not heavy on the hair. I also noticed that since I started using this product it has actually made my nails stronger. So, I’m really enjoying that as well.


V05 Strawberries and Crème Conditioner: First, let me say that this product smells really really really good! I love this conditioner! It’s less than a buck and works wonders. I use this to co-wash my hair. What is co-washing? It is a way of washing your hair without the use of shampoo. Instead of applying shampoo I use conditioner instead. This works wonders for my new growth since I am stretching out my perms. In my opinion, I believe this is an excellent for people with curly hair/natural hair. I also alternate with Suave Strawberries Conditioner and Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship. 

Crème of Nature Chamomile and Comfrey Nourishing Conditioner: My hair is always dry no matter what I do to it. This product actually has improved the brittleness and dry frizzy hair. I am not fond of the way that it smells. I can’t really describe it, but it’s not unbearable. It is said that it “soothes and detangles” and it “moisturizes and protects”. In my opinion, based on my hair type, it does exactly that. I do not have any complaints at all about this product. 

Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo: This is for “dry and damaged hair”, “adds maximum moisture”, and “ leaves the hair manageable”. Again, my hair used to be constantly dry no matter what I would do to it. It was brittle and constantly breaking. This products has done wonders for my hair. It adds the proper balance of moisture to my hair without over powering it. It has a clean smell. LOL. I know it sounds weird but that is the only way I can describe it. 

Aphogee Essential Oils for Hair: I just started using this product a couple of weeks ago. It had to grow on me. I really wasn’t to found of it in the beginning. The reason for this is because I felt that it left my hair to oily. Of course, that was my fault. I applied entirely too much. Yike!!! But after trial and error it has grown on me. I started out by adding this product to my home made deep conditioner (I’ll blog on that on a later entry) and I found that it really didn’t mix well with the other products and it made my hair fell heavy. So, I decided to just follow the instructions on the bottle (Yaayyy Me!!!) and apply it after I freshly shampooed my hair. I only needed a couple of drops. I would massage it into my scalp and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinse it out! OMG!! The wonders of this little bottle. I could just kiss it right now because I absolutely love it. I have days when I am lazy and I really don’t feel like touching my hair at all. No moisturizing and sealing no nothing! And this little product keeps my hair brittle free. Two Thumbs up for this!

VO5 Clarifying Shampoo in Kiwi Lime Squeeze: I only use this product once a month. It is used to remove the product build up in my hair. That’s all I have to say about it. It explains itself.
So yea, I know this is a kind of long entry, but I wanted to share with you a couple of the products that I used on my hair that I am extremely happy with. Being on a healthy hair journey is very hard. It takes a lot of work and determination. I’ve been doing for 9 months and I have seen results. There have been many days when I just say forget it! Pass me the flat iron and the curling iron and let me venture back to my old ways, but then I stop and I look at how far I have come. 


Happy Hair Care Ladies!!! Pink Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment